Senior/Solo Pastor Positions
Posted on: April 30, 2020
Bethlehem Church, located in Hampden, Massachusetts, exists to help people live their lives connected to Jesus. For over 135 years (100 years in two locations in Springfield, MA and 35 years in two Hampden locations-new building in 2015), it has been impacting the area with an unwavering allegiance to God’s Word. Bethlehem is settled in a conservative Baptist tradition and has recently affiliated with the Baptist Convention of New England (BCNE). Bethlehem is a single-site congregation with one weekend service where around 400 gather to amplify the name of Jesus. The key to Bethlehem’s impact and influence is remaining faithful to the Word of God in preaching while coming alongside people in all stages of life. As a multi-generational church, impactful ministry exists for children, teens, and adults.
We are looking for a person to
- Teach and preach Biblical truth with remarkable communication skills for transformation
- Champion a clear and compelling vision to reach people with the Gospel
- Rightly divide God’s Word and be tactful and relevant to communicate His truth in love
- Love, lead, and develop people as they walk with Jesus
- Advance the mission of Bethlehem through visionary and organizational leadership
- Develop Biblically strong and unified staff and leaders
- Ordained Minister
- M.Div. or Th.M. degree from an accredited seminary, Doctorate ideal
- 5+ years of relevant pastoral experience in a growing church, Lead Pastor ideal
- Committed to the mission and values of Bethlehem
- In agreement with Bethlehem’s Constitution and By-Laws
- With a preaching type of mainly Expository and some topical.
Contact Person: Joyce Hampton
New Hope Baptist Church
Posted on: February 18, 2020
Looking for an Assistant Pastor with the goal of transitioning to lead pastor after a period of mentoring and coaching by our current pastor and the elders.
He shall devote himself to prayer preaching and teaching giving pastoral care and with the elders take the lead in overseeing all the ministries of the church. He will be a member of the church. He shall work with the elders in formulating a ministry strategy to fulfill the Mission of the Church and ensure all ministries are aligned with our Core Values.
Someone with a good track record of ministry, either pastoral experience or lay. He must be willing to be mentored and serve under our current pastor and the elders as an assistant or associate for a time – up to a year, transitioning to lead pastor role if all goes well.
A gentle shepherd who will come alongside to work with us in carrying out our mission who will get involved in the community as he learns the culture of New Hope and Dexter. NOT someone who comes in with his own agenda or vision before getting to know us.
Contact: John Johnston (current pastor) firstname.lastname@example.org
207-277-5251 – cell or 207-924-7419 – church
Cambridge Baptist Church
Posted on: January 9, 2020
Cambridge Baptist Church is a small but vibrant congregation located in a rural community of 450 people in central Maine. Nearby towns include Harmony, Dexter, Guilford, and Newport. Cambridge is fifty miles northwest from the city of Bangor, Maine’s third largest city. Cambridge Baptist’s current membership is approximately 50 people. Sunday School has an average attendance of around 30 including children. The Morning Worship service has an average attendance of about 40 adults. The Wednesday evening Prayer Meeting has about 10 people who attend faithfully.
Contact Person: Thomas Floyd