Bethlehem Church, located in Hampden, Massachusetts, exists to help people live their lives connected to Jesus. For over 135 years (100 years in two locations in Springfield, MA and 35 years in two Hampden locations-new building in 2015), it has been impacting the area with an unwavering allegiance to God’s Word. Bethlehem is settled in a conservative Baptist tradition and has recently affiliated with the Baptist Convention of New England (BCNE). Bethlehem is a single-site congregation with one weekend service where around 400 gather to amplify the name of Jesus. The key to Bethlehem’s impact and influence is remaining faithful to the Word of God in preaching while coming alongside people in all stages of life. As a multi-generational church, impactful ministry exists for children, teens, and adults.
We are looking for a person to
- Teach and preach Biblical truth with remarkable communication skills for transformation
- Champion a clear and compelling vision to reach people with the Gospel
- Rightly divide God’s Word and be tactful and relevant to communicate His truth in love
- Love, lead, and develop people as they walk with Jesus
- Advance the mission of Bethlehem through visionary and organizational leadership
- Develop Biblically strong and unified staff and leaders
- Ordained Minister
- M.Div. or Th.M. degree from an accredited seminary, Doctorate ideal
- 5+ years of relevant pastoral experience in a growing church, Lead Pastor ideal
- Committed to the mission and values of Bethlehem
- In agreement with Bethlehem’s Constitution and By-Laws
- With a preaching type of mainly Expository and some topical.
Contact Person: Joyce Hampton