Job Title: Preaching/Teaching Pastor
Reports To: The Elders
Position Status: Full-Time
Whom are we seeking:
We are seeking a shepherd to assist the Elders in overseeing the life and direction of our
beloved church body in proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ; a pastor who is committed to
Loving God, Loving Others, and Making Disciples. This Holy Spirit-led person will be able to
craft a vision, offer pastoral leadership to the congregation, and will engage in pastoral care
ministries that meet the needs of persons in the church and the community.
What we need done:
● Our new pastor will have among his attributes: servant leadership, visionary leadership,
shepherding, evangelism, faithfulness, emphasis on prayer, excellent communication, and
● The pastor will be the primary preacher and teacher for our church, speaking and effectively
communicating the truth of scripture in all circumstances.
● The pastor will collaborate with the Worship Team leader and/or the Music Committee in
preparing Christ-centric worship services. These services should be well-prepared and in a form
that is most suitable for our congregation. Most of all, they must be honoring to the Lord! Total
Worship and Praise!
● Lead the congregation in effective programs to fulfill the Great Commission with vision, purpose,
and priority. He will also provide administrative leadership for the total church ministry.
● Plan, lead and demonstrate effective ways to witness and win the lost to salvation through Jesus
● The Pastor will maintain contact with all supported church missionaries and missions. He will
encourage the congregation to be involved in the lives and ministries of those missionaries and
missions. The pastor will visit some of our supported missionaries and missions in person on the
● The Pastor will actively support the outreach activities in the surrounding neighborhoods. He will
oversee the assimilation of new attendees to ensure a continued loving environment in the
● The Pastor will visit members and prospects and lead the membership in a visitation program.
● Perform weddings and memorial services. Conduct premarital, vocational, family, bereavement,
counseling sessions, etc., as needed. When necessary he will recommend other professional
● Along with the Elders, address all church discipline matters and the management of conflict
issues within the congregation.
● Build a sense of team-work among the church staff and conduct regular staff meetings to
coordinate the ministries of the church and to facilitate continued communication.
● Serve as a representative of the church in civic matters.
One last thing:
As every pastor has come to realize, the position requires great flexibility in time schedule. As
such, the pastor will be available for evening activities as well as work on weekends. However
as we at JBC desire a joyous servant as pastor; he will be free to choose one week-day as a
day off each week.
To apply for the position, please send your resume, cover letter and anything else that will allow us to get to know you to JBCSEARCHCOMM@GMAIL.COM. Email subject title “Preaching/Teaching Pastor Position”
360 Bennetts Mills Road
Jackson, NJ. 08527-4249