Title: Associate Pastor
Purpose: To support the Lead Pastor in shepherding and building up God’s people at Calvary, with the goal of helping fulfill the Great Commission and the Great Commandment.
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
• A distinct call to pastoral ministry from the Lord Jesus Christ, exemplified by a shepherd’s and servant’s heart.
• A proven dependence on the Holy Spirit for the interpretation and teaching of Scripture.
• Education and/or formal training in the exegesis and right handling of the Word of God.
• Meets the qualifications for a Pastor/Elder as described in I Timothy and Titus.
• Complete agreement with the Calvary Statement of Faith.
• Spiritual gifting and/or experience in church administration and human resources.
• Some experience in a leadership position in a local church.
Responsibilities and Authority:
1. Relationship to God
a. A commitment to growing as a disciple of Jesus Christ, marked by a vital, intimate walk with, and love for Christ.
b. A commitment to live out the Great Commandment to love God and others.
c. A vital, growing prayer life.
d. A love for the Word of God marked by a personal study of the Scriptures.
e. A love for and commitment to the Gospel.
2. Relationship to Self
a. Reflects a balanced personal life, which provides for spiritual, physical, and emotional growth for himself and his family.
b. Teachable and willing to be confronted.
c. Able to speak the truth in love.
d. A growing self-awareness of his strengths and weaknesses.
e. If married, makes his wife and marriage a God-honoring priority.
3. Relationship to the Congregation–
a. Oversees the recruiting, direction, training and spiritual health of volunteer leaders (ministry teams, life group leaders, Awana, etc.)
b. Oversees the Office Administrator of the church.
c. Oversees the Discipleship Ministries, and provides practical training in discipleship and evangelism.
d. Offers experiences, strategies and passion for local and global mission efforts.
e. Participates in the pastoral care of the congregation as needed.
4. Working Relationships:
a. Reports to: Lead Pastor and Elders
b. Oversees: Office Administrator, Ministry Staff, and Volunteer Leaders.
c. Works closely with: Lead Pastor and Elders to cast Gospel-centered vision and oversee Christ-honoring ministry to the glory of God the Father in the power of the Holy Spirit with unity and love.
Please respond by sending cover letter, resume, doctrinal statement, and ministry references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Calvary Baptist Church
3036 Epiphany Lane
Eau Claire, WI 54703