FULL-TIME Pastor Job Description
Canton Baptist Church is seeking a full-time Pastor to serve our congregation and our community so that we may grow in our relationship with our Lord. The Pastor must believe in the ultimate authority of scripture. The qualities we seek include a gifted teacher who will enable the congregation to learn and understand deep spiritual truths, an effective communicator of well-prepared sermons, a skilled counselor available to assist persons with personal and spiritual problems, and a person with a personal vision as well as a well-developed vision for the future of our church. We also seek a Pastor who has a strong understanding of technology and ways to incorporate it in our ministry.
About Canton Baptist Church:
Canton Baptist is located in Lower Alloways Creek, a rural township in Southern New Jersey. The congregation is comprised of approximately 70 attendees including approximately 45 active members.
Canton Baptist was started over 200 years ago and is financially stable.
For more information about Canton Baptist, please visit https://www.cantonbaptist-nj.org/
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Lead weekly Sunday worship service and special seasonal services throughout the year and other services as needed.
• Provide regular teaching ministry and promote spiritual growth through Bible studies and other forms of spiritual nurturing.
• Oversee all aspects of ministry activities at Canton Baptist which includes but is not limited to small groups, children/youth group ministry, community outreach and missions.
• Conduct Pastoral care duties which would include counseling, home visitations, and spiritual support for members of our congregation.
• Oversee and work with the church board to administer executive duties of our ministry.
• Graduate of Bible college
• 5+ years prior pastoral experience
Salary is negotiable
3 BR parsonage available
• Personal Profile (i.e. brief biography, a testimony of salvation, strengths and weaknesses, family info, etc) • Calling and Vision (reason for applying, vision for ministry, etc)
Send Application Requirements to:
700 Smick Road
Salem, NJ. 08079-3425