Being a part of the Venture Church Network means your church is committed to being biblically focused. Our churches preach the Bible, live our lives according to the Bible, and hang on to the Bible that gives us hope and assurance for the future. All of the Bible is absolute truth, and it doesn’t change. It’s so exciting being a part of network excited to preach and teach the word of God! By being instructed in the word of God and focusing on the Bible, we can worship God, enjoy fellowship together, and share the goodness of Christ with those in our circle of influence.
The Bible says we are gifted to encourage and serve others. It teaches how to live — how to interact with people, how to forgive, how to comfort others, and how to pray. The Bible is how we have a relationship with God because it’s the word of God. 2 Peter 3:15 says all scripture is inspired by God. It was given to us to study and apply to ourselves so we can correct or build things up in our lives. We read it regularly. It’s infallible, meaning it will never fail us. It’s inerrant, meaning it’s without mistake in the original manuscript.
Have you every thought about all things Christians believe in because of the Bible?
- God exists in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit helps us live out our Christian life.
- Jesus was born of a virgin, lived a perfect life, died on the cross, was buried, rose again on the third day, ascended into heaven, and someday He will return visibly to earth.
- Mankind was created in the image of God, male and female.
- Marriage is enjoyed between a man and woman.
- Life begins at conception.
- God created the church to share the gospel with with the world, and each local church proclaims this good news to its sphere of influence.
- The Church is to celebrate the death, burial, and resurrection through communion on a regular basis to remember what Jesus did for us.
- The Church is to celebrate a new believer by baptism, immersed in the water, as a testimony of their faith in Jesus.
- Salvation is through the grace of God. Our faith reaches out and God chooses us to be a part of the family of God. We’re not saved because of our own merits or efforts, but by the grace of God, and through faith we become believers in Jesus Christ and a part of His great, marvelous, and eternal family.
We get all of this from the Bible. I’m glad our churches are preaching, teaching, and applying the word of God to their lives. Hear, read, memorize, meditate, study, and apply the word to yourself so you can demonstrate the love of Jesus as you touch other people, so God’s word will permeate each and every person, and so you glorify God in all you do and say.
Director of Pacific Church Network