WHO WE ARE:
First Baptist Church of Sibley, IA, has an enduring history of over 145 years of gospel-centered presence in our community. Since 2010, FBC has intentionally focused on reaching the unchurched in the Sibley region. Today, we are a multigenerational and multi-ethnic church with a solid core of families proclaiming Jesus and being transformed by him. Together we desire to have a transformative and multiplying presence in our community, with an aim to grow to 150 by 2025.
WHERE WE ARE:
The town of Sibley is in northwest Iowa near the borders of Minnesota and South Dakota. Our community is the County Seat of Osceola County and has a population of 2,850 with 25,000 people living within 20 minutes of our town. Though we have many amenities, our town is also close to larger communities and shopping options being just 20 minutes from the industrious Worthington, MN, 30 minutes from recreational communities of Lake Okoboji, and 40 minutes from the quaint university towns of Orange City, IA, and Sioux Center, IA. Larger cities, shopping venues, events, and airports are also nearby as Sioux Falls, SD, is 60 minutes away, Sioux City, IA, is 75 minutes away, and Minneapolis, MN, is three hours away. Our town is an administrative center in which families are primarily supported through careers in agriculture, small business, manufacturing, healthcare, and education. In many regards, Sibley is also a developing bedroom community offering affordable housing, remote work opportunities, and great schools for families. In all, Sibley has a strong quality of life and is known as a great place to live, work, and play.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are asking God to send us a pastor who is a capable Biblical preacher and teacher who relationally communicates the truth in love. We are praying for this man to have at least five years of pastoral/ministry experience and proven abilities for discipling people, developing leaders, and mobilizing church members for ministry. Furthermore, we are looking for a pastor who will help us rebuild children’s ministries, small groups, and reach unchurched families in our community. In all, we are looking for a spiritual leader who celebrates the Great Commission, bringing a heart for both discipleship and outreach. The pastoral opening at First Baptist Church offers a strong opportunity to shepherd a gospel-centered church and to grow with a warm and developing community.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Intro Letter (briefly covering your testimony of faith, ministry calling, and general fit for this opening)
- Resume (please include family, occupational, and educational information)
- Personal or Family Photo
- 2 Sermon Samples (please email digital audio or video sermons – weblinks preferred)
- 3 References (2 ministry leaders and 1 other reference who is not related to you)
Sibley FBC Pastoral Job Description
The pastor of FBC will have a passionate devotion to Christ. He exemplifies Christ-like character as described in I Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Peter 5:1-5. He is a person of routine prayer (Ephesians 6:18) and is continually growing spiritually (2 Peter 1:5-8).
Feed the Church
- Preach and teach God’s Word with accuracy, clarity, conviction, and relevance.
- Teach God’s Word in small group opportunities.
Lead the Church
- Provide leadership and direction for the church in conjunction with the Elders.
- Incorporate the church’s mission and vision in his teaching.
- Have a desire to reach the lost and disciple new believers.
- Equip, encourage, and mentor existing and emerging leaders.
- Motivates people and teams to action and involvement.
- Has executive skills and able to direct, delegate, and supervise.
- Plan quality time with his family, realizing his special relationship and responsibility to them and their position as important members of his congregation.
Care for the Church
- Love the congregation as Christ loves the Church.
- Ensure that the sick, shut-in, and grieving are ministered to.
- Perform weddings, funerals, baptisms, baby dedications and other such services.
- Participate in ongoing education and training opportunities that will enhance the ministries of this church.
- He will work within the guidelines of the church’s Constitution.
- Work with Osceola Co. Ministerial Association-monthly meetings, annual events, etc.
- Weekday evening Bible Study (kids or adults).
- Have training and experience in personal, pre-marital, marital, and crisis counseling in a safe and non-intimate setting, being aware of his limitations and referring to professionals when necessary.